Sunday, August 23, 2015

New School Year

I am so far behind with my classroom blog and again I must apologize. We have been very busy learning our new routine and meeting our new classmates.  I did a complete redo in the room and it is much brighter and much more organized than it has ever been , YEAH!!!!!!!! Of course much like everything else I do with teaching it is a work in progress. It has been a struggle just getting a schedule together, but I finally have that in place.  We are changing things up a little this year, with recess in the morning when it is cooler, scheduled time for TEACCH task/IEP goal instruction. As far as the room I will include a few pictures, I love color and of course purple is the best color.
Parent conferences- I will begin scheduling those with parents this week just to have face time and to catch up with the parents on what has changed with their student over the summer.

Star Testing- We completed that last week thanks to Mr. Lent for taking students to the content mastery lab while I gave direct instruction in the classroom.

This year we are planning a very positive year and this includes no behavior chart in my classroom. WE have rules and if one is broken then we decide together what would have been a better choice using the good choice/bad choice anchor chart. I am very proud of how well this has worked so far and I believe it will continue to be a positive part of the day for the kiddos.

 
Reading Area/Ground Zero for Ms. Grady

Writing Area/ Breakfast in the room area

Class rules/voice level

The school theme is super heroes, we used the photo booth for a quick photo session.

Some heroes prefer to show their faces, LOL. 


         My favorite wall in the entire room.  This wall took Kelly ( my wonderful son and I two trips to the school to finish). This is the anchor wall for math. I love the colors and how it gives my classroom a visible break in areas. I am teaching from centers for the first time in a very long time and loving it.


The great divide between reading and math. Green is the main color on the math side and purple is the main color on the reading side. I love purple and Mrs. Williams, my paraprofessional loves green we had to have both colors. I love it and the kids all seem to love he bright colors, it was the first thing they noticed this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment